Saturday 17 August 2013

Live Performance Review: Scottish Ballet performing Sea of Troubles & Silhouette (Edinburgh International Festival (E.I.F.) 2013), Friday 16.08.2012 20:00 The Festival Theatre, Edinburgh 

This was a replacement performance, and was not the show I'd originally booked for.

I'll not beat around the bush. I only stayed for 'Sea of Troubles' and was so disappointed that I did not stick around for 'Silhouette'. The performance felt like a disjointed under-rehearsed rehearsal. Movements felt unsure and cut-short. There felt to be a lack of focus, including uninteresting repetition which appeared to be to fill time as opposed to adding anything of substance.

If I am at a dance performance I usually find the movement interesting. I know this is at least in part due to unfamiliarity with the art form. It is very odd for me to feel bored and annoyed at a dance performance. That this was achieved was an achievement of sorts.

The worst dance performance I can recall seeing.

Rating: 00/10.    

No comments:

Post a Comment