Sunday 11 August 2013

Live Performance Review: The Royal Scottish National Orchestra performing Alexander Nevsky (Edinburgh International Festival (E.I.F.) 2013), Friday 09.08.2012 19:30 The Usher Hall, Edinburgh 

This was the opening concert of this years Edinburgh International Festival. I have never been to a performance like this, so feel unsure about doing a review of it due to my lack of knowledge.

The performance was in two parts. The first part was a performance of Piano Concerto No. 3 and the second part was Alexander Nevsky, both by Sergei Prokofiev. The first section featured pianist Daniil Trifonov and the second section featured Mezzo Soprano Yulia Matochkina and the Edinburgh Festival Chorus.

I was very impressed by the Pianist and the Chorus and less impressed by the Mezzo. I was also surprised to hear how short the Mezzo's section was. I know that I very much enjoyed the performance as a whole, though also feel I don't know enough in regard to this realm of performance to do any nit-picking.

Rating: 08/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment