Saturday 17 August 2013

Live Performance Review: Ardal O'Hanlon: Live (Edinburgh Festival Fringe), Thursday 15.08.2012 19:00, The Music Hall, Assembly Rooms (Unreserved Seating), Edinburgh 

There is one reason why I got a ticket for this: Father Dougal McGuire. In my mind always the best element to the mighty Father Ted. I was unsure what Dougal's stand up would be like, though was happy to take a punt on it. 

Dougal did a roaring trade in befuddlement and a likable charm with ease. It was like having continual rolling waves of gentle chucklesomeness. Very difficult to convey what he discussed as that is not what sustained him. Just like that other Irish comic, Mr. Carson, it was the way he telt them. 

A very warm and glowing time. I'm very glad I took the opportunity to see Dougal perform. Dougal for Pope!

Rating: 08/10.  

No comments:

Post a Comment