Tuesday 21 August 2012


Live Performance Review: Teatro Playa: Villa + Discurso (Performed In Spanish with English Supertitles) (Edinburgh International Festival (E.I.F.) 2012), Monday 20.08.2012 19:30 Main Hall, The Hub, Edinburgh 

I had booked some 'Theatre' performances to go to during the festival this year. This may sound like an odd statement, though I generally avoid theatre, I know I have an apprehension of it, though find it difficult to explain why. So I thought I would make an active effort to get over this.

Perhaps it was not bright to start with a show with Supertitles. The speed of speech and therefore the pace that the titles were moving was difficult to keep up with at times. The company, actors and two pieces come from Chile; the pieces concern the country's political past & the product and memory of these times.

It was a very intense performance with no let up. Of what I could follow, I enjoyed. I feel too new to 'theatre' to consider giving a rating without considering it too crass.

No comments:

Post a Comment