Sunday 12 August 2012

Live Performance Review: Josh Widdicome: The Further Adventures of...Extra Show (Edinburgh Festival Fringe), Saturday 11.08.2012 21:40, Pleasance Dome, Ace Dome (Unreserved Seating) Edinburgh

I had managed to get a free ticket for this, as someone was not able to use theirs. I would not have bought a ticket to see him, though was quite happy to check him out. There were several out-loud chuckles from myself and the time past easily. Although enjoyable, there are quite a number of comedians I can easily think of where I laugh a lot more; so in terms of comedy it was good, not great. The show appeared to be based around observations of things that he finds to be absurd, though in a low level niggling way; 'A.T.M.s Asking if you are thinking of having coco pops that day'. He appeared to bothered in a low-level way by many things, though it did not appear as though anything got his dander up. So it felt like a low level version of Rhod Gilbert or Jon Richardson, both of whom I've seen perform before, and laughed at a lot more.

Rating: 05/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment