Sunday 4 November 2012

LIANNE LA HAVAS: IS YOUR LOVE BIG ENOUGH? 09.07.2013


Album Review: Lianne La Havas (U.K.), Is your Love Big Enough?, Released: 09.07.2012, Label: Warner Bros., Available on Vinyl (Comes with free MP3 Download Code), C.D., C.D. Deluxe & MP3 Download Album. 

I had purchased this as had previously purchased the 'Lost & Found' E.P. released in 2011. I had purchased the E.P. on the strength of her performance of the song 'Age' on 'Later...with Jools Holland'. This is a song which I still feel to be quite remarkable. A gentle song pondering whether it is okay to go out with a considerably older man, with enchanting sparseness.

On the album this is still one of the outstanding songs, though for reasons I cannot fathom it has been rerecorded. Sadly in my view there is only one other very good song on the album which is the title track. This is a pounding soul number.

The album has quite a range of stiles, though not in a good eclectic way. To me it more suggests a lack of focus. The rest of the pieces I find to be fairly forgettable filler.

I am still intrigued in regard to future releases. The simple reason for this is that if someone can write and perform by themselves a song like 'Age' which has such simple grace, then they have potential.

Rating: 03/10. (Purchased on Vinyl).

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete