Wednesday 30 October 2013

Live Performance Review: The Staves, The Queen's Hall, Edinburgh, Wednesday 30.10.2013, 19:00

The support was passable, though nothing to look out for.

Needless to say there was a lot of similarities with the performance at Oran Mor in Glasgow in early September. 

With it being at the Queen's Hall, it was a better venue with superior acoustics which assisted the vocals. Also with it being this venue the audience were very respectful, to the benefit of the quieter songs. 

The performance was dreamy and beautiful, with perfect harmonising; faultless. It could be suggested it would have benefited from being slightly longer. It has to be kept in mind they have just released one album, though after this tour they are going to be doing the recording of their follow up album. To grumble about the length is just that, grumbling. The ladies, Jessica, Camilla and Emily also appear to be lovely, humble, down-to-earth and with a grand line in banter.

I enjoyed this enough that I nicked a copy of the set-list at the end. I have not done that since I was about 21. I look forward to the next release and general development. Hopefully they will hold on to the agreeable manner. 

Rating: 10/10. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey I missed this unfortunately, could you please be so kind as to send me a picture of the set list you nicked? Please? I will be ever grateful and will love you forever..... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. my email address is positiver26@gmail.com - please if you still have it, it would mean a lot to us cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken me until today, January 16th to notice these comments, apologies I had not noticed before, I tend to not expect comments to be posted to my reviews. I am about to email you the set-list. Thanks for the comments, Space Monki.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete