Saturday 12 December 2015

Film Review: Carol (15) (U.K./U.S.A./France 2015) (Director: Todd Haynes), Filmhouse, Screen One, Edinburgh, Saturday 12.12.2015, 18:10

This is a film I was initially very sceptical about as do not generally like Cate Blanchett or her work and the only previous film I've seen of Todd Haynes, 2007's 'I'm Not There' I found to be a horrifying experience in the worst possible sense. I went to see this as it was getting so much positive buzz and the subject matter should be within my ballpark of interests. 

I'm delighted to report, having just seen it, that I too regard this to be one of the finest love story's I've ever seen in film. The acting of Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara is sublime and the film is simply perfect in every possible way. I am delighted that I put my scepticism to the side and went to see this masterpiece. Bravo!

Rating: 10/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment