Sunday 8 September 2013

Live Performance Review: The Staves, Oran Mor, Glasgow, Saturday 07.09.2013, 19:00

There was a male singer & acoustic guitar player in support, though not good enough to warrant further writing. 

The Staves were very classy. Lovely singing & harmonising. The three sisters also had a very comfortable and unaffected rapport with each other and the audience. 

The sisters were accompanied by two other musicians on guitar and drums for some songs. Although these songs were finely performed, I cannot hide that I would prefer if all of The Staves songs were performed by just the three sisters. When you can harmonise as well as they do, I feel it is a shame to add other sounds on top. Though this is a quibbling personal preference. 

They were very impressive and I would be up for seeing them again, once they have released more tunes and can do a longer performance. 

They are doing a performance towards the end of October 2013 at The Queen's Hall in Edinburgh. If you know and like the staves, I recommend going. I'm sure they will do a great performance and it would be a great venue to see them in. 

Rating: 09/10.        

No comments:

Post a Comment