Monday 5 October 2015

Film Review: The Martian 2D (12A) (U.S.A. 2015) (Director: Ridley Scott), The Dominion, Screen One, Edinburgh, Sunday 04.10.2015, 17:00

This is the latest si-fi offering from Ridley Scott. When I was initially aware of it I was not keen from the information I had to go on. As the publicity crept-up I became more intrigued and had a mate ask if I was interested in seeing it, hence going yesterday. 

It was refreshing to have a space film that was not solely ponderously serious. I don't know enough of the science to know where all of the plot holes were. I understand that it is regarded to have made a good effort in regard to the science element, though there were still some aspects I could tell to be fairly ludicrous though they did not jar in terms of conveying the story. Visually it is very engaging and I found it to be an enjoyable watch, though I would not personally go as far as to suggest excellence. A good, fairly engaging watch which did not just feel like fluffy pop-corn. 

Rating: 08/10.       

No comments:

Post a Comment