Monday 20 January 2014

Film Review: The Wolf Of Wall Street (18) (U.S.A. 2013) (Director: Martin Scorsese),  The Cameo Cinema Screen One, Edinburgh, Sunday 19.01.2014, 16:00

This is based upon the real life happenings of a Jordan Belfort who used to be a Wall Street broker/rouge trader. 

I found this film tediously dull in the extreme. The screen is filled with nothing but the vacuous and the arrogant. I found the characters and what they were doing to be both boring and annoying. 

Having said that, I have no direct criticism with the acting or how the film looked. I suspect this is more a case of a spectacular misjudgement in choice of film to see. I should have twigged by what the film was about that I would find every character portrayed to be repellent.  

I cannot recommend the film, though I don't feel well placed to judge it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment